Want to make a contribution in memory of a loved one?
Make your gift last forever by donating to one of more than 60 funds at the Foundation, or establish a new fund in their name. As a service to you, we will even send a sympathy letter to the family and/or friends of your loved one with information on what fund you donated to. Your loved one’s name will be listed in that year’s annual report.
Special funds can be created to handle tributes and memorials. Contributions may also be made to existing funds in order to:
- honor a living person
- memorialize deceased persons
- commemorate anniversaries or other special events
Donors can use this giving option to:
- create a scholarship fund acknowledging the contributions of a retiring teacher
- engage a civic group in creating an emergency relief fund for a disaster
- support the favorite charities of a couple celebrating their 50th anniversary
- create a youth program that keeps the memory of a deceased child
- add to an existing fund (click here for a list of funds)
- or your idea here.
Gifts to the fund may be made by check, cash, money order or other means.
Memorial Gifts can be made to the Community Foundation of Greene County by:
Use the Donate button at the top of our website for a fast, easy method to give via credit card. The button will take you to a secure site through Stripe. You’ll be able to select a fund to give memorial contribution, and to let us know whom the gift is in memory of. For some new funds, you may have to select “Other” and specify a name, or just provide the name of the person in whose memory the gift is being made.
Send a check payable to “Community Foundation of Greene County” with the following information:
- Donor(s) name, address, phone number and email address
- How the gift is to be used. You may designate your gift to be used for a specific purpose, such as grants or operating expenses, or to be placed in a specific fund. For a complete list of funds, click here.
- For Memorial Gifts, please include the name of the person for memorial.
- Acknowledgements will be made without reference to the gift amount, please include the name and address to whom the acknowledgement is to be sent.