The Community Foundation is versatile in the gifts accepted and the types of funds that can be established with these gifts. Donors can contribute almost anything of tangible value-cash, securities, real estate, jewelry, art, life insurance policies, etc. Gifts are subject to compliance with the gift acceptance policies of the Community Foundation.
These contributions can be used to establish a new fund or to augment an existing fund. Descriptions of gift contributions are provided below. Learn how to establish a named fund.
How to Make a Gift
- Use the Donate Now button at the top of our website for a fast, easy method to give via credit card. The button will take you to a secure page hosted by “Network for Good.” You’ll be able to select a fund to give memorial contribution, and to let us know whom the gift is in memory of. For some new funds, you may have to select “Other” and specify a name, or just provide the name of the person in whose memory the gift is being made.
- Send a check payable to “Community Foundation of Greene County” with the following information:
- Donor(s) name, address, phone number and email address
- How the gift is to be used. You may designate your gift to be used for a specific purpose, such as grants or operating expenses, or to be placed in a specific fund. For a complete list of funds, click here.
- For Memorial Gifts, please include the name of the person for memorial.
- Acknowledgements will be made without reference to the gift amount, please include the name and address to whom the acknowledgement is to be sent.
- To provide a gift of stock, insurance, or other means, please contact the CFGC Office
For more information, please contact the CFGC office.
Types of Gifts
These are some of many gift contributions you may choose to help get you started in meeting your philanthropic goals. For assistance in determining what options best serve your individual interests, please contact the Community Foundation or your professional advisor.
The information provided here is for general informational purposes only. The Community Foundation of Greene County, PA, strongly encourages you to seek counsel from a qualified legal, accounting, and/or financial advisor prior to implementing these concepts into your personal gift planning and/or philanthropic activity. For more information, please contact the Community Foundation.
To determine the method, or mix of methods, that make the most sense for structuring a gift through The Community Foundation of Greene County, this information should be reviewed with a competent financial, tax or estate planner.
The Community Foundation of Greene County does not actively seek donations from outside of Pennsylvania. All information on this website related to seeking donations to The Community Foundation of Greene County is void where prohibited by law.
The Community Foundation of Greene County develops, manages and distributes funds for charitable purposes in the community. The official registration and financial information of The Community Foundation of Greene County may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999.