Community Grants Guidelines
Please review the General Grant Guidelines. All organizations applying for the Community Grants must meet the General Grant Guidelines and eligibility criteria.
1. Community Grants are awarded from the Field of Interest Funds and other funds set aside by the CFGC Board of Directors from various discretionary funds, including, but not limited to, The Good For Greene Fund and The Francis “Bob” Bradford Fund. Community Grants from the Field of Interest Funds must meet the intended purpose of the specific fund. Please review the list of Field of Interest Funds for more information.
2. Cindy’s Wind Fund Grants are awarded during the Community Grant cycles with due dates of June 1 and October 1. Cindy’s Wind Fund awards two $500 grants – one award in each Community Grant Cycle. Applicants must be 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit organizations (including churches, educational organizations, and government agencies). The Cindy’s Wind Fund seeks proposals for projects that aim to help women and girls fulfill their full potential, which may include activities such as information programs, direct service programs, special activities, and more.
Organizations may submit one application for consideration under the Community Grants program. If the application is selected for a grant award, the CFGC Grantmaking Committee will determine which Fund or Funds will make up that grant.
Application Review Process
The CFGC Grantmaking Committee, composed of experienced community volunteers, will conduct thorough evaluations of completed grant applications, which may include telephone interviews or on-site visits, if appropriate/necessary. Applicants should be aware that the Grantmaking Committee may consult with other funders and community leaders when considering various grant applications. The Grantmaking Committee will make grant recommendations to the Board of Directors for their final approval.
The CFGC Board of Directors acts on Community Grant applications in July and November. To be eligible for consideration, a complete application must be received by the Foundation on or before June 1st or October 1st. Please submit applications well before funding is needed. (For example, if you have a program beginning in the summer, submit an application before the October deadline.) Requests to fund projects that begin, or are completed, prior to the grant application deadline will not receive full consideration.
CFGC has limited funds available for Community Grants. The typical award generally does not exceed $2,000. Historically, grant awards have ranged from $500 to $5,000. Please consider these limitations when making your request.
Should you feel that your project or organization meets the requirements outlined, complete and submit the Foundation’s Community Grant Application.
Community Grant Application Procedures and Eligibility (due June 1 or Oct 1)
Eligible Applicants: Eligible applicants must be nonprofit, charitable (recognized as Exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code), tax-exempt organizations whose purposes and programs benefit Greene County residents. Eligible applicants also include: schools, churches, support organizations to schools, governmental units, and other publicly supported organizations.
Proposal Deadline: All grant applications must be received by 4:00 pm on the due date for the specific grant period. Electronic and facsimile submissions area acceptable (but we must receive an original signed copy of the application form within 48 hours of the deadline.) (See About CFGC Grants or Grant Cycles and Deadlines sections.)
Grant Amounts: Community Grants range from a minimum of $500 to a maximum of $2,000. Typical grants do not exceed $2,000.
Application Procedures: All grant application packages must include:
I. CFGC APPLICATION FORM: Download a copy of the Application Form and Guidelines.
II. PROPOSAL NARRATIVE: Please be clear and concise; limit your total Application narrative to NO MORE THAN three (3) letter size pages (not including your separate line item budget).
A. INTRODUCTION (Who are you?): Provide a brief, concise description of your organization, its goals, purpose and significant accomplishments (no more than one-half page.)
B. PROJECT DESCRIPTION: Include a brief, concise description of the program, project and/or service and the potential impact on the affected Greene County population focusing on the outcome as much as the possible need. Briefly address the following in this section:
1. Brief Description of the Project (What is it you propose to do?)
2. Problem Statement/Assessment of Need (Why are you doing it?). What caused you to prepare this proposal? Include details and data such as changes in community demographics, underserved or unmet needs in the community, new initiatives, etc.
3. Project Design, Goals and Objectives, Evaluation and Sustainability (Where will you do it? When will it take place? Who will benefit? How will you get the project done? How will you know you made a difference? How will it continue?) Describe your program activities, strategies, staffing, partners, timeline, etc., and explain how the design will enable you to address the problem or need. Who and how many will participate and/or benefit from this project? (Please be specific to Greene County residents.) Identify the project as a new or continuing program (how long?) Specify your plans for continuing the project following the grant period. What goals and objectives will be achieved as a result of this grant being funded? Goals are broad statements. Objectives are specific, measurable outcomes. These should directly relate to “Problem Statement/Assessment of Need” as outlined in “B” above.
4. Budget Description (How much will it cost?) Describe the resources (monetary or other) that will be needed to complete this project. Indicate how much you are requesting from CFGC and how you will use the funds requested, alone or in combination with other funding or resources. If other resources will be used, please indicate if those resources are committed or pending.
III. PROJECT BUDGET: In line-item budget form, please provide a list of Expenses including materials, staffing, service delivery, etc. and a list of anticipated income or revenue (i.e., matching funds, collaboration, etc.). This information is a critical component of the Application. A sample budget form is available through CFGC. Click here for the Sample Budget Format
IV. SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION:
1. Required Supporting Documentation as listed on the Application Form may be attached or indicate that it is available on your website or other site. (Be sure to include the link.)
2. Attach any information directly related to the project.
3. If the organization has a currently funded project through CFGC (same or different project), please submit an interim report describing that project’s progress. Use the grant evaluation report form that was provided with the grant agreement. Click to download the Grant Evaluation Form
Submission Instructions: Submit 1 copy of the CFGC Application Form, Proposal Narrative, Budget and Supporting Documentation by the stated deadline. NOTE: Cover letter is not required. Staples and clips are fine. Do NOT use binders or individual folders. Pictures, flyers, CDs & DVDs that do not relate directly to the project are not encouraged.
- Postal Mail: CFGC, PO Box 768, Waynesburg, PA 15370
- E-mail: email@example.com (CFGC must receive an Application Form with original signature within 48 hours of the deadline.) Please save your documents as Adobe pdf files which will ensure that your formatting and pages do not change. CFGC will not be responsible for emailed files that exceed page limits.)
- Fax: 724-627-2011 (our fax goes directly to computer – please email or call to make sure we know it has arrived.) (CFGC must receive an Application form with original signature within 48 hours of the deadline.)
- Hand-deliver: 108 East High Street, Waynesburg, PA (must be received by 4:00 pm on the deadline date.) Our office is not staffed full-time so you should call ahead to make sure some one will be there to receive it. Mail slot entries will not be accepted after 4:00 pm on the deadline date.)
- CFGC Grant Application Form and Proposal Outline rev 2019
- Sample Grant Application Budget Format
- Grant Evaluation Form
To view the above Grant forms, you need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. Get Adobe Acrobat Reader.