CFGC Grants Guidelines and Application
Please review the General Grant Guidelines. All organizations applying for the Community Grants must meet the General Grant Guidelines and eligibility criteria.
1. Community Grants are awarded from the Field of Interest Funds and other funds set aside by the CFGC Board of Directors from various discretionary funds, including, but not limited to, The Good For Greene Fund and The Francis “Bob” Bradford Fund. Community Grants from the Field of Interest Funds must meet the intended purpose of the specific fund. Please review the list of Field of Interest Funds for more information.
2. Cindy’s Wind Fund for Women and Girls Grants are awarded during the Community Grant cycles with due dates of June 1 and October 1. Cindy’s Wind Fund awards two $500 grants – one award in each Community Grant Cycle. Applicants must be 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit organizations (including churches, educational organizations, and government agencies). The Cindy’s Wind Fund seeks proposals for projects that aim to help women and girls fulfill their full potential, which may include activities such as information programs, direct service programs, special activities, and more.
3. L&M Medical Needs Fund Grants will be awarded from the endowed L&M Medical Needs Fund established by an anonymous donor to provide financial assistance for medical needs, such as medical prescriptions, hospice care, or other medical services, in Greene County through qualified non-profit organizations who serve individuals in need of such services. To apply for the L&M Medical Needs grant, an organization must be nonprofit charitable 501(c)(3) organization in good standing with the IRS, and registered with the Pennsylvania Bureau of Charitable Organizations. The nonprofit organization must be a provider of medical needs and/or medical services for residents of Greene County Pennsylvania and be able to demonstrate that they serve this area and the types of medical needs and services they provide. The L&M Medical Needs Fund grants are geared toward programs or projects that serve individuals who have difficulty paying for such services or needs, whether it is because they are uninsured, face high insurance deductibles, co-pay or out of pocket costs not covered by insurance. While the primary focus of this fund is to assist individuals or families with lower incomes, other scenarios may be addressed with good documentation of the need. Grant monies may not be used to provide reimbursement directly to individuals or families for previously provided services.
CFGC Grant Eligibility
Eligible Applicants: Eligible applicants must be nonprofit, charitable (recognized as Exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code), tax-exempt organizations whose purposes and programs benefit Greene County residents. Eligible applicants also include: schools, churches, support organizations to schools, governmental units, and other publicly supported organizations
The Community Grant award does not exceed $2,000.
The Cindy’s Wind Fund for Women and Girls Grants are $500.
The L&M Medical Needs Grants will vary from year to year please consider these limitations when making your request.
Should you feel that your project or organization meets the requirements outlined, complete and submit a grant application using the Foundation’s Online Grant Application at http://www.cfgcpa.org/apply-for-a-grant/
Application Review Process
The CFGC Grantmaking Committee, composed of experienced community volunteers, will conduct thorough evaluations of completed grant applications, which may include telephone interviews or on-site visits, if appropriate/necessary. Applicants should be aware that the Grantmaking Committee may consult with other funders and community leaders when considering various grant applications. The Grantmaking Committee will make grant recommendations to the Board of Directors for their final approval.
The CFGC Board of Directors acts on Community Grant applications in July and November. To be eligible for consideration, a complete application must be received by the Foundation on or before June 1st or October 1st. Please submit applications well before funding is needed. (For example, if you have a program beginning in the summer, submit an application before the October deadline.) Requests to fund projects that begin, or are completed, prior to the grant application deadline will not receive full consideration.
- Sample Grant Application Budget Format
- Grant Evaluation Report Form (new form in development)
To view the above Grant forms, you need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. Get Adobe Acrobat Reader.