The following are our Donor’s Rights:
- To be informed of the Community Foundation’s mission, of the way the Community Foundation intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the Community Foundation’s governing board and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the Community Foundation’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured your gifts will be used for the purpose for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all interactions with the Community Foundation will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers or paid staff.
- To have competent administration that can implement procedures to carry out board policies.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Confidentiality of Donor Records and Donor Anonymity
Confidentiality of Records
The Community Foundation shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of donor and prospective donor records. Members of the Board of Directors and/or Community Foundation staff are permitted to view the records in order to execute their responsibilities. In addition, the Community Foundation’s auditors are authorized to view donor and prospective donor records as required for their purposes. The Board of Directors may appoint a committee to view the donor and prospective donor records and report back to the Board. Any such committee shall respect the Community Foundation’s significant interest in protecting the sensitive nature of those records.
Publication of Donor Names
Unless otherwise requested by the donor, the names of all individual donors will be listed in the Community Foundation’s annual report and/or in other appropriate vehicles. The Community Foundation will not publish the amount of any donor’s gift without the permission of the donor. Donors making gifts to the Community Foundation by bequest or other testamentary device are deemed to have granted such permission. Donors should be aware that it is the Community Foundation’s policy to, from time to time, publish the current market value of its funds, from which a reader may be able to determine the approximate size of a donor’s gift.
The names of donors of memorial or honor gifts may be released to the honoree, next of kin, or appropriate member of the immediate family, unless otherwise specified by the donor. Gift amounts are not to be released without the express consent of the donor.
The Community Foundation is authorized to accept anonymous gifts; however, acceptance is subject to approval by the Gift Acceptance Committee.
The information provided here is for general informational purposes only. The Community Foundation of Greene County, PA, strongly encourages you to seek counsel from a qualified legal, accounting, and/or financial advisor prior to implementing these concepts into your personal gift planning and/or philanthropic activity. For more information, please contact the Community Foundation at 724-627-2010.