EITC K-12 Private School Scholarship Program
The Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) program provides children and families with a choice in their education. Scholarships for eligible students to attend private K-12 schools are available from the Community Foundation of Greene County, an approved scholarship organization under the Pennsylvania EITC program.
Please carefully read the Eligibility Requirements and Policies and Procedures below before downloading the EITC K12 Scholarship Application Form. Maximum Income Eligibility Limits effective July 1, 2017. Please see table below.
We are proud and very thankful for the generosity of the following companies who have contributed to the EITC K-12 Scholarship program in Greene County County for the 2017/2018:
- Waste Management, Inc.
To qualify for this scholarship, the parents of the student must reside in Greene County. An eligible student is a school age student (kindergarten through grade 12) who is a permanent resident of Greene County, Pennsylvania, who is enrolled in a school located in this Commonwealth, and who is a member of a household with an annual household income of not more than $77,648, except that an additional income allowance of $15,530 is permitted for the student and for each other dependent (as defined by the IRS) living within the same household.
Chart of Maximum Eligible Income Guidelines
|Number of Dependent Children in Household||Maximum Household Income for Scholarship|
|Each additional child||Add $15,530|
EITC K-12 Scholarship Program Policies and Procedures
- The amount of scholarship paid for any individual student shall not exceed the actual tuition and fees charged, nor the tuition and fees charged to non-scholarship students. Tuition for scholarship students may not be more or less than that of non-scholarship students receiving comparable services. The school is responsible to provide CFGC with the eligible tuition amount for each student. Students must be registered, enrolled, and/or attending the school at the time application is submitted to CFGC.
- The scholarship will be paid directly to the school on behalf of the student. The family shall not receive any direct cash benefit from the scholarship.
- Scholarships will be issued to the school after September 30, or January 31, and only following CFGC’s receipt of the signed Scholarship Accountability and Reimbursement Agreement Form from the K-12 school.
- The school must credit the scholarship to the student’s account on a pro-rated monthly basis.
- The school and parent/guardian must notify CFGC immediately if a student withdraws or is removed from the school, or otherwise becomes ineligible for an EITC scholarship.
- Scholarship funds for students who withdraw or are removed from the school, or become ineligible for the scholarship prior to the end of the school year must be refunded to The Community Foundation of Greene County by the school within 30 days following the date of withdrawal, removal or determination of ineligibility of the student(s). The scholarship reimbursement shall be pro-rated based on the amount of time remaining for the school term.
- Acceptance of this scholarship does not exempt the family or student from abiding by the policies of the school and the school has the right to remove a child from the program at any time for failure to abide by their policies.
- EITC Scholarship funds may not be used to hold a space open for a student who is not actively attending classes. Exceptions for extended illness or medical absences may be made by contacting CFGC as soon as it is determined that the extended absence is necessary. Proof of illness or medical excuse may be required for approval of the exception.
- Selection for scholarship shall be determined without regard to race, gender, religion, or similar characteristics of the applicants. Scholarship amounts are based on a sliding income scale as determined by the CFGC Grantmaking Committee, as well as upon the availability of funds and the number of eligible applicants.
- All application information must be fully completed and submitted on time by the applicant in order for the application to be considered, including the Application Form, a copy of the most recent Federal Income Tax Return, and a copy of the student’s school transcript and submitted according to the application deadline policy.
- CFGC is not responsible for lost, missing, misdirected, or late applications or supplemental information.
- All application information will be maintained by the Foundation in the strictest confidentiality, including income information.
EITC K-12 Scholarship Application
- Download the EITC K-12 Scholarship Application Form. You will need to download or open the form, print it out and fill it out by hand and mail it to CFGC (address is on the application form) or deliver it to our street address.
- Scholarships will be based upon need.
- Due dates (applications must be received in our office by 4:30pm:
- August 20th to be considered for full year (covering August through May)
- January 8th (for new students) if funds are available
To view the EITC K-12 application form, you need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. Get Adobe Acrobat Reader.