The Community Foundation of Greene County is seeking a Summer Intern for Communications, Public Relations and/or Marketing.
Communications / Public Relations & Marketing Internship
Summer 2017 (May – June – July – August) (8-10 weeks)
15-20 hours per week @ $10.00 per hour (employee status)
The Community Foundation of Greene County manages a $4+ million permanent endowment that strengthens the lives of the Greene County community through its grants and leadership.
We are looking for someone with big ideas, who will work hard and follow through. A communications, public relations, business marketing, or writing major may be a natural fit, but we are open to any creative thinker with a passion for telling the stories of our donors and scholarship/grant programs. Much will be expected of the Summer PR & Marketing Intern – and in return, immeasurable experience will be gained.
- Conduct research, perform interviews and write about Community Foundation grantees, donors and areas of funding for use in the annual report, marketing outreach pieces, website and social media.
- Write and distribute press releases to the media, make follow up calls. Pitch story ideas.
- Assist with CFGC website and social media.
- Assist with special events at the Community Foundation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College student with public relations, writing, communication or business marketing major. Rising senior or junior preferred, though others will be considered based on experience and recommendation.
- Excellent writer and self-editor.
- Confident personality – great customer service and people communication skills.
- Well-organized, independent worker.
- Understanding/knowledge of basic public relations principles.
- Willingness to work hard and build a great portfolio.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software; Some graphic design, basic photography.
- Understanding and experience with social media, outside of personal use.
Submit Resume with list of 2-3 references to: (by March 24, 2017)
Bettie Stammerjohn, Executive Director
Community Foundation of Greene County
108 E. High Street, Waynesburg, PA 15370
email@example.com 724-627-2010 www.cfgcpa.org